What's new

Ella Fitzgerald's Duke Ellington Song Book (1 Viewer)

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
I recently made the biggest cd investment of my life by purchasing Ella Firgerald's Complete Song Books bosed set. Since the discs came in envelopes I removed them, cleaned whichever ones needed to be, and put them in slimline cases. Only one disc had a scratch big enough to cause me concern. It was in a circular direction also which is further cause for concern though not very big so I figured it would be ok. But since this is an over $200 investment I figured I had better be sure. It was on the outer rim on the very last song of disc 5 of the set, "Do Nothing Till You Here From Me", near the beginning of the song. When I played it there were some major audi crackles at :25, :34, 1:01. They don't sound like a digital skip though and when I tried it on my DVD player it had the same crackles in the same spot. It also had some crackle about 4:00 in which would presumably be well past the scratch. I would be very greatful if someone could confirm that these crackles are on the recording and are not related to the scratch. I bought it a few weeks ago and I don't want my 30 days to exchange to pass.

PhilBoy

Second Unit
Sorry I don't have an answer to your query, but The Cole Porter Songbook Vol. 1 has to be one of my most enjoyed collections.

I hope you find your answer.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Rob, I have this set but don't remember the song (got it pretty recently myself). Unfortunately, I won't be home until Sunday night and therefore won't be able to check 'till then.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

Regardless of other folks' experience, I'd return a $200 CD set if one of the discs were scratched.

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride
Its a very minor scratch that wouldn't have even gotten my attentionif I hadn't carefully checked each disc. Most boxed sets I've bought that use envelopes have at least some minor blemished due to having to be pulled out of an envelope. The crackles are the only reason I'm concerned. Mike I look forward to your response some time after Sunday night and greatly appreciate your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks