Ecost, Macmall, Pcmall

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jimi C, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Does anyone know if these websites are all affiliated? I noticed that they carry pretty much the same items, on most items they claim to have the same amount in stock and prices are generally the same. Is this just a trick for ecost to regain all of there disgruntled customers? Is this common practice for online retailers, that is, to have multiple web sites and store names?

side note: I bookmarked and had planned on ordering a kenwood dv-5700 dvd player from them a few days ago. Today i go back to order it and they jacked the price up from $235 too $260 and changed the number in stock from 180 to 10. annoyed..

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I know PCMall and MacMall are affiliated (same company) since their catalogs are both available from the warehouse outlet store in Memphis.

-Robert

3. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

They are all the same company. I believe their headquarters are in Torrance, CA. I never order anything from them online, but I do frequent their store in Santa Monica. I do not know if similar retailers follow the same practice.