What's new

DVD player that plays MP3-encoded DVD-R? (1 Viewer)

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Hi,
I've been thinking about getting a DVD-R drive, but I have a question. I know that most new-generation players can read MP3-encoded CD-Rs, but what about DVD-R?
If I were to burn MP3 files on a DVD-R, is there any (preferably portable) DVD player that could play them?
The thought of having almost 1000 songs on a DVD is such a tempting idea... :)

That definitely has to bested and would depend on player. A while ago I was searching info on mini-DVD (DVD content burned on CD-R; I wanted to make collection of DD,DTD and THX trailers) and found that only Pioneer player were able to read those discs. In the end it all depends on how firmware is written:

1. detect media type

- if CD adjust laser focus and detect wheter it's Audio, VCD or MP3

- play disk

- if DVD play it

2. detect media type

choose proper laser or focus

detect data type (Audio-CD, DVD-V, ...)

play disk

Seems Pioneer is going route 2

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
A while ago I was searching info on mini-DVD (DVD content burned on CD-R; I wanted to make collection of DD,DTD and THX trailers) and found that only Pioneer player were able to read those discs.
Really?? I own a Pioneer player (DV-525), and I didn't know that it could read mini-DVDs. Do you think you could point me to a website that explains how to do it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks