What's new

DVD-A player w/ prog & int output question (1 Viewer)

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
Question: I'm wanting to jump into the world of multi-channel music (specifically DVD-A). It seems like all of the players I'm looking into are progressive-only output. Am I correct in thinking that this won't play on my older 32" Sony Trinitron (no s or component input, only composite). I'd hate to upgrade my current DVD player (Sony PS2) to one that I can't use! Thanks in advance for all help...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I have never heard of a player that supports only progressive output. Do understand that only the component outputs can support a progressive signal. If the DVD player has S-Video and composite outputs as well (which most players have), then the signal from these outputs is interlaced, not progressive. Also, progressive DVD players typically can be switched to interlaced mode for their component outputs as well. Bottom line, I'd be surprised if any of the DVD players you are looking at are not compatible with your TV.

Doug

CurtisC

Second Unit
I think Doug said it.You should be able to choose video output,composite,s vid or component,in your case composite video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks