What's new

Dtv Hdtv (1 Viewer)

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
My area does not offer enough hdtv to make it worth while yet. However I am in a location where I have to get my local channels over dtv. I went this route because I thought it would be the least hassel to just change out a box and a dish. However someone told me that the local channels will not come through HDTV over DTV. Is this true? Do I need to get some sort of antenna ,plus keep the dtv. If so does the hdtv box have an input for the antenna. So that there is only a need for one hdtv box and one set on inputs on my reciever.

Thanks for the Help.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Your HDTV set top box should receive all digital broadcasts, not just those that are considered high definition (meaning 1080i and 720p). Digital TV broadcasts can also include 480i signals, or in the case of the Fox Network, some 480p signals as well. You will need an antenna to receive these signals over the air, just as you would plain old analog broadcasts. The same antenna that works for HD broadcasts will also work for standard digital braodcasts. In most areas, the digital channels are all in the UHF spectrum (but there are a few exceptions).
To find out which stations in your area are broadcasting digitally, check out www.titantv.com .

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Matt,

I would check it out again, Indianapolis offers quite a bit of HD programming..As a matter of fact it was one of the cities choosen my the CEA as a digital City Zone...

There is a group of us in Orlando trying to get the same thing for Orlando....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks