What's new

Dreyer's MICHAEL and Masters of Cinema Series (1 Viewer)

Unless I missed it, I haven't seen any post on this interesting new distributor in the UK. Their current release is a two disc release of what is considered Carl Dreyer's first masterpiece MICHAEL. The second disc is called the European version of the film with a different musical scoring and the original German intertitles. Included also is a lush booklet that among other things has a great essay by Jean Renoir on Dreyer.

It's interesting to see this sort of release coming from a source other than the usual suspects. And it looks like there is more to come.. Check out the website if you're interested under www dot mastersofcinema dot org
Jerry

I myself am going to keep an eye on this source. They have some very interesting Teshigahara's coming up. He's the director who did WOMAN IN THE DUNES. His films on Masters of Cinema's roster are THE FACE OF ANOTHER and PITFALL. I saw these flicks a couple of years ago in a retrospective. They are awsome beauties.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks