What's new

Dragon's World: Sound Format...? (1 Viewer)

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
I just watched "Dragon's World: A Fantasy Made Real" and am somewhat confused. I started it with my AVR in auto-detect mode, and the only language configurations available were English and French; no choice of 5.1 vs 2.0. Well, all reviews I have found say the disc is in 5.1 (both French and English). When I started the disc, the opening Columbia/TriStar logo, and the disclaimer screens showed up as 5.1 as expected. When the feature started, the AVR dropped to Dolby Pro Logic. The DVD player and AVR both told me that the audio format was now Dolby Digital 2.0...?!? Just to make sure I was not completely crazy, I tried this on my wife's machine, with the exact same results. Is this a case of incorrect flagging? Could someone else with this title verify this for me? Thanx!

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
My copy is the same. On my Rotel 1056, when the logos start, DD, and when the movie starts, the receiver says it is DD + PLII. I'd never noticed this before.

BTW, this is a pretty good movie. My 12 year old daughter saw this on Animal Planet and had to have it. She was a bit disappointed when she found out it is the British version, but when I explained that it added original footage that told the story a bit differently, she decided it was ok. She still has trouble with the fact that Patrick Stewart does not narrate this version, but overall, she really enjoys the DVD. I made the mistake of ordering from the Discovery site. It is available at Amazon much cheaper.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
Thanx, Jeff...

I fired off an email to one of the reviewers that said the disc was presented in 5.1, but have not heard back as yet. The more I think about it, the more I can see even a reviewer noting the sound format on the opening logos, then giving undivided attention to the picture for the feature (and not noticing the sound format change)....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks