What's new

Donate CD player to school? (1 Viewer)

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
I recently visited a local elementary school and happened to observe their music program. Once or twice per week, each class rotates through the "music room" for music study. The curriculum includes singing, playing various instruments, and listening to music. It was heartwarming to see kids truly interested in listening to, and learning about, all types of music.

I was saddened, though, to see that their "sound system" was a cheapo boom box. I went home and looked around my equipment closets; I have a nice pair of three-way floorstanding speakers, an HK stereo receiver and an HK cassette deck that I can donate. Unfortunately, I don't have an extra CD player and I believe most of their modest music library is CD. Anyone have an extra CD player they would like to donate?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Just go get the cheapest DVD player you can find. They work great as cheap decent CD players.

I already donated the 3 cheapie DVD players I had lay'n around to various causes.

Sounds like a great cause though for sure.
I love that you had a system for them.

Actually I may have an old working single disc player after all.... I'll post back tomorrow....

I'd be happy to send it if so.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I have one, an old Radio Shack, it was given to me if I remember correctly. It does work, I played a CD in it this morning to make sure.

Email me, (I think you can email me through my membership here even) I will send it. (Cheapest way possible)

As this thing is probably not worth diddly, I am sure.

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
Thanks very much John. I'll email you with the address. Shipping cheapest way possible is fine - I won't be able to set it up until next week anyway. I'm going to ask if the speakers can/should be mounted up a ways on a wall to avoid damage from little fingers and feet, or tipping over on someone. The school may want their people to do the mounting for liability reasons. I'll post a photo when the install is done if I can remember to take a camera.

You guys (and gals) are great. Hopefully we can make a little difference toward young ones' lifelong love of music.

Thanks again.

DavidDon

Stunt Coordinator
Good to hear you got it covered.

I am contacting my kid's school to see if they need anything. Could be a good source to place good but outdate equipment.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hey I never receieved an address to ship this to!!!!

I have it here at work ready to go....

In case for some reason, the email forward is not working from here to my email account. Just PM me the shipping info please.

I will get it out as soon as I know where to send it.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Still no shipping information on this.....

I hope you don't think I got it, and the CD player is on it's way, becasue I didn't get it, and it isn't headed your way yet.....

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
Sorry John,
I emailed the shipping info on Wednesday --using the email link in this forum. And I've been out of town for a couple of days. I'll try the pm now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks