What's new

Don Adams' daughter passes away (1 Viewer)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Cecily Adams, the daughter of Get Smart's Don Adams, passed away today at the age of 39 from lung cancer. She was an actress (including a recurring role on Star Trek Deep Space Nine) and a casting director.

She leaves behind a two year old daughter and her husband of 19 years, actor Jim Beaver (he was the sheriff in last week's Monk episode).

Don's health is quite poor. On another site, Jim Beaver recently said he is near death. Apparently he has lymphoma of the bone and is currently in the hospital with pneumonia. He suffered a broken hip last fall which left him frail and has been devasted by the situation of his daughter and his son Sean, who was was recently diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor.

Sad times for the Beaver and Adams families.

Steve

PS - anyone wanting to write Don should use this address provided by Mr. Beaver:

Don Adams
c/o Licht and Licht
9171 Wilshire Blvd Ste 430
Beverly Hills, CA 90210-5516

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
39?! That's HORRIBLE.

Didn't she take on the role of "Moogie" on DS9, after the first actress couldn't handle the prostheics?

Anyway, RIP Cecily.

Boy, their families aren't getting any breaks, are they? "Get Smart" always gave me lots of smiles. I think I'll mail Don Adams a note. 'least I can do.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
she was also casting dir on that 70'show.
they just dedicated tonights show to her.

and Don Adams is 80 years old.
omg i never would have thought he was born that long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks