What's new

does the direct audio mode on tosh sd9200 make cd's sound better? (1 Viewer)

Andre*C

Agent
I just bought a floor model toshiba sd-9200 dvd player for a good price. I was happy to discover it doesn't have the growling sound problem that many have expressed. My problem however has to do with the direct audio mode (this feature turns off the video circuits for better sound). My player came with the wrong remote because they didn't have the right one. My remote does everything except the direct audio feature. The manual said the direct audio feature enhances dvd-a. I dont care that much about that. I want to know if it effects cd sound quality and how much it effects it (I would have to pay $50 for a new remote) and I don't want to spend 50 mor dollars. But if it effects cd sound alot I will have to do it. Your input is much appritiated. The sooner I get over this toy anxiety the better!

ling_w

Second Unit
I didn't notice much of a difference. I guess it is buried under the fold out cover and is very inconvenient to access that I leave it on all the time. I think you have to leave it on for DVD-A because the menu is always so complicated.

But if it enhances DVD-A, it should also enhance CD since the whole video circuitry is turned off.

BTW, regarding the noisy transport problem on the SD9200, do you know if it has been fixed?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I have found that turning off the video section on my Technics DVD-A10 DVD-Audio player makes no difference. Furthermore, I have never heard an improvement upon turning off the display on components.

This thread might get more responses on the Audio/Video Sources board.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks