What's new

Does anyone remember LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE? (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
All this talk of so many shows that aired when I was a kid in the early 1970s got me thinking about this show. Anyone remember it?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I believe this may have actually started in the late 60's. I definitely remember this, although my parents wouldn't let me watch it - I was maybe 8 or so at the time. Once I got sick though, and couldn't sleep and was allowed to lay on the couch while they were watching it. :)

Later I saw it in syndication, and really enjoyed most of them, though I must admit, I would watch, thinking there had to be something more to it since my parents had not let me watch it. I kept thinking that one of those scenes on the beach with a naked girl behind a sign was actually going to lead to seeing some nudity - no such luck though :frowning:

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Good show, unfortunately its probably about show number 1,000 on Paramount's list of possible titles on DVD. Not too many comedy anthologies in TV history but it did go for about 5 seasons. Be nice to see them again in the original hour format.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I remember this show fondly. I would pick it up in a heartbeat if it was available on DVD. This show had one of the best theme songs of all TV shows! Also, it should be noted that the original HAPPY DAYS pilot episode was a segment from LOVE AMERICAN STYLE called LOVE AND THE HAPPY DAYS. As I recall, it featured Ron Howard and Anson Williams in their Ritchie and Potsie rolls, Marion Ross as Marion Cunningham, however, I believe instead of Tom Bosley as Mr. C, we had Rhoda's father "Harold Gould" playing the part. I've heard HAPPY DAYS may be coming to DVD soon...It would be really cool if they would also include the LOVE AMERICAN STYLE episode of LOVE AND THE HAPPY DAYS as part of the extras package. Also, Paramount should seriously consider releasing LOVE AMERICAN STYLE to DVD, since I feel that along with THE ODD COUPLE and HAPPY DAYS, this show was among their 3 best!

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
:eek: Wow... talk about a blast from the past! I remember that show... although I must have caught it in syndication after-the-fact. :) I'd love to see it again. :D

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I was only about 3 or 4 when it first aired. But I'll always remember the fireworks. That's about the only part that really caught my attention. :)

Mark Lx

Second Unit
I probably saw this in early syndication ('73 or '74). Despite being a kid I quite enjoyed it. I always liked short story type comedies. I'd be interested in DVDs (also some early "Love Boat" would be good).

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
the only episode I ever liked was the pilot for Happy Days entitled "Love and the Happy Days"

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
While I couldn't tell you their names, there were quite a few good episodes, ones I remember even now, many years later. There was a number based on Barefoot in the Park, and one I remember in which a fan of musicals would start singing like he was in a musical, much to the consternation of whoever he was with. :)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I used to watch the reruns as a kid.

ABC actually revived this for all new episodes in the 80's as part of their daytime line-up. It didn't last long.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
"Love....American Style....Truer than the red, white, and blue -- ooo--ooo--ooo! Love, American Sty--i-i-i-ile! That's me and youuuuuuuu!

And on a star spangled night my love, (My love come to me).
You can rest you head on my shoulder.
Out by the dawn’s early light, my love
I will defend your right to try.

Love, American Style, that’s me and you."
:)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Seems to me we're talking about the old TV show more than any possible release to DVD, so I've moved the thread here.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I remember this show very well. I believe it aired on Friday. I also remember that Charles Fox wrote the theme song. He also wrote score soundtrack music for the movie Goodbye Columbus. It's amazing what you can pull out of your memory.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He also co-wrote, along with Norman Gimbel, the Happy Days theme and the theme to Laverne and Shirley. They also wrote Jim Croce's "I've Got a Name," one of the few Croce hits he didn't write himself.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
The thing I remember about that show as a pre-teen was women in mini-skirts and alot of make-out scenes for a prime-time show.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well the COWSILLS were just on the tvland awards and sang the theme for LAS.
and were credited with singing the origional theme for the show itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks