What's new

Does anyone remember a Cartoon called "Wheelie and Rhoda"? Mis-spelled? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
It was a cartoon show about a boy and girl car. I barely remember it so vaguely, but I remember the name of the show at least. The cars talked by showing what they were saying on their windsheilds. I'm showing my age with this one. Its from like the late 70's or maybe very early 80's? Its like a tiny fragment of memory residue left in my mind left from very early 5-12 years of age, not much unlike Googlie Eyed Peanut Butter, HR Puff & Stuff and The Gumball Rally.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. I do recall the word Chopper in there, maybe, but I don't know exactly. It seems more like the two boy and girlfriend cars are what I remember. Do you recall the show? What do you remember about it? I can't find it anywhere.

all i remember is that the show was called Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch. there weren't a lot of episodes. Rota was Wheelie's girlfriend and as you said Wheelie did use his windshield to express himself. however, Rota and the other characters could all talk. Wheelie and Rota were constantly being hassled by Chopper and his gang who were motorcycles. i'm fairly sure when i watched the show it was in re-run land, so i'm not sure when the show originally aired.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Its been so long, I'm telling you it was a show that was barely on and so I was lucky if I even saw a single episode as a kid and I never saw it after that. I only have the basic elements in my mind and I can't even remember watching it. No, I'm afraid I cannot remember that phrase...darn it..

That contrasts with some of my other fave cartoons which I can distinctly remember at least a scene or two of the intro. Like remember the one where the guy jumps out his windows and goes down some shoot or something:

Hong Kong Fuey!

Paul Mason

Stunt Coordinator
I know it's not related at all but this thread just reminds me of Chorlton and the Wheelies.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Oh my Gawsh I'm having a severe memory flashback seizure here. Whoa! Thats exactly what I was looking for! Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks