What's new

Does anyone know of a quiet DVD player? (1 Viewer)

Martice

Screenwriter
My Pioneer DVD player is nice but it really annoys me during quite passages. Does anyone have any recommendations of low cost dvd players that are relatively quiet during play back.

I'm also considering a store demo Sony 7700 dvd player for $400.00 even. Is this a quiet player when watching movies?

Christian Speights

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 7700 and it is dead quiet. I picked it after having to endure the noise from a 1st-gen Mits DD-1000.

That player was obscenely loud.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Actually most DVD players are relatively silent, maybe yours has a bad bearing or something, just a thought.

Now let me tell you about my new Symphonic VCR, it sounds like a damn blender while playing tapes! No it's really not that bad, but compared to my silent DVD player I really notice it, I think all VCR's are louder than DVD players.

Mike_Ch

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Pioneer DV-535, and most of the budget Pioneer models (Asian models- not sure if they are the same in the States) have a very noisy transport mechanism. I've got mine behind glass, otherwise I think I a new term- DVD rage- would be invented :D .

Rutledge

Stunt Coordinator
Many Sony products can be a little noisy. I have heard some of the cd and sacd players are audible.

What i want is a CPU that has a quiet fan, it is driving me CRAZY!!

BillG

Agent
My Panasonic DVD-A110 is dead silent. And yes, it still works! It's probably one of the last three working units of that model.

Martice

Screenwriter
Hi Rutledge. You should go to this web site
Lansonic
You might be surprised at what you read. It's my must have for 2002.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Most of the newer Sonys seem to be pretty quiet, but the 7700 has the advantage of the extra door to cover the front of the unit, making it very quiet. My old 1st gen Panasonic A300U would probably still be seeing full time duty if it weren't so noisy.

John Di Lauro

Stunt Coordinator
I would take a look/listen at the JVC XV-S40/60/70 players.

They are the quietest low-cost players I have experienced.

EugeneM

Grip
I have Pioneer :-D DV-440

Can't hear a thing 3 feet away from it

And I do believe my hearing is OK

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
don't pick up the sony 560d. i've got it and it's totally noisy when accessing tracks, menu's, etc. drives me crazy!

when it's playing "straight" it seems okay though...

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
I have a 525 as well and it is somewhat noisy. What I did was I opened the cover, taped some packing material(foam or bubble-packs) to the underside of the top cover and now it is very quiet. Since there are no vent holes I figured that it wouldn't overheat. I've had it this way for more than a year. I wouldn't get a new DVD player before trying this free fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks