What's new

Does anyone know how to do this with a denon 3801 (1 Viewer)

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
I want to adjust the channel levels but I seem to only be able to do this with the internal test tones on. Is there a way to adjust each level(without internal test tones) so I can use a calabration disc?(avia) I know I must just be missing something. hanks in advance.
-B

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Brian, push the Chan volume on the front of the Receiver and it scrolls through each Chan each time you push it. Adjust the level with the select knob.
That's on my 3802, I assume it's the same on the 3801.
------------------
Luke

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
Or, with your remote, put the remote in amp mode (by pressing the receiver button and making sure it says amp) and hit the enter key (labelled pause and shift as well). This will bring up each channel in succession (both on the screen and the front of the unit), and then you can use the navigation keys on the remote to adjust each channel up and down. If you keep scrolling, it will come to the fader adjustment, which acts just like a fader in your car. You can adjust the relative level between your front and rear speakers without changing their relationship to themselves. I have never used that feature, but it could come in handy if you just want to bump up your surrounds without having to change each individual channel.
Also, when in DD or DTS mode (when a digital signal is present) you can go into the surround parameter mode by pressing the surr. para. button (also labelled display) when in amp mode. This will allow you to adjust the LFE trim for DD and DTS independently. This doesn't effect your sub level, but rather lets you cut the boost given to the LFE channel. Its settings are from 0 (no cut) to -10 (should be level with the rest of the channels). This can come in handy if the LFE channel is overdriving your sub on loud passages - knocking it down 3db would in essence give your sub twice the power to work with, and 6 db would be 4 times the power. Of course the LFE level won't be as loud, but it may sound better if your sub is just being overdriven anyway.
I have the 3802 (and I had the 3801). Great receivers and they let you tweek the settings quite a bit!
I hope this helps.
Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks