What's new

Does a site exist that lists DVD/LD differences? (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Hi all,
I'm in the process of doing a ubercleaning job on my house - getting rid of anything and everything that I haven't touched in years. Part of that included laserdiscs. The problem is that I have some I know I have to keep, and some that are questionable. Like....keep Star Trek: TMP and Superman: The Movie, but do I toss Back to the Future because Doc says one line differently on the DVD? Is the music on my Norther Exposure LDs different? Any little stupid reason I have to keep a movie closest to how it was shown in the theater will be enough for me to keep the LD. But I know there are probably a lot of LDs that are wasting space. Is there a web site that lists differences between the LD and DVD releases of the same title? Probably not, I've been searching for over 30 minutes. Thanks.

Mike

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
Well, for a start, some -- not all, but some -- LaserDisc entries on LDDb [see sig] describe the contents, with differences from the DVD release where applicable. You can also Google through the "alt.video.laserdisc" archives.

Incidentally, if you have any anime [Japanese animation] or test/demo discs, I'd be interested in buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.