What's new

Pre-Order Doctor Who: The Complete Tenth Series (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
187786_front.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BBC HOME ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS THE TWELFTH DOCTOR’S FINAL SEASON

DOCTOR WHO: THE COMPLETE TENTH SERIES

WITH OVER SIX HOURS OF BONUS CONTENT

ON BLU-RAY AND DVD NOVEMBER 7, 2017

Street Date: November 7, 2017

Suggested Retail Price: DVD $74.99 (U.S.), $84.99 (Canada) / BD $89.98 (U.S.), $109.50 (Canada)

Length: Approx. 625 mins + bonus content / 5-disc set (DVD) / 4-disc set (BD)​

New York – August xx, 2017 – With a monumental regeneration on the horizon, gear up for the final adventures of the Twelfth Doctor with Doctor Who: The Complete Tenth Series. The November 7, 2017 Blu-ray and DVD release from BBC Home Entertainment features over six hours of bonus content and includes the 2016 Christmas Special, “The Return of Doctor Mysterio.”

The tenth season of the beloved series sees Peter Capaldi embark on his thrilling final chapter as the Twelfth Doctor as well as the first introduction of companion Pearl Mackie as Bill Potts and the return of Matt Lucas as Nardole. Fantastic adventures await the team of heroes as they journey through space and time in this latest instalment of the globally-renowned drama. Expect laughter, danger, and exhilarating escapades in this final season under the helm of lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat.

Bonus content includes deleted scenes, audio commentary, an “Inside Look” into each episode, “Becoming the Companion,” following Mackie as she travels from the London stage through the doors of the TARDIS to a once-in-a-lifetime role, and more.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I would love to buy this, but I'm assuming that it's yet another release slowed down to 1080p24. The 1080i60 releases were great, I don't know why they decided to change. The slowdown is slight but takes some of the pep out of the episodes, and introduces artifacts into the audio as they pitch correct it.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the reason they do this is so it will be "progressive" instead of interlaced, as if it being progressive (playing at the wrong speed) somehow is better than interlaced at the correct speed.

This has also kept me away from some of the Acorn releases, particularly Doc Martin. The blu-ray for series 7 on that show is also slowed-down to 24p (as are the PBS broadcasts). I was compelled to go with the UK PAL DVD release over the US BD solely because of the "24p slowdown" issue. There are other UK shows that don't get a BD in their own country (but do here) that I'd love to buy, but as I'm positive they'll be slowed-down to 24p, I won't even take the chance. If they'd been 1080i/60, I'd have bought, but I'm very sensitive to pitch. I was never a fan of PAL speedup, but to me, 24p slowdown is far much worse. Sounds a bit like those Jimmy Kimmell "Drunk Trump" sketches.

Now, back to Doctor Who: Series 10. Thankfully, the UK release will not only be the original 1080i/50hz, but as the Region B won't be coming out until 2018, it should also include this year's Christmas special (which is exactly what happened with the Region A vs Region B releases of Series 9). Just to get those Christmas gift sales, the US release has to sacrifice the Christmas special).

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Now, back to Doctor Who: Series 10. Thankfully, the UK release will not only be the original 1080i/50hz, but as the Region B won't be coming out until 2018, it should also include this year's Christmas special (which is exactly what happened with the Region A vs Region B releases of Series 9). Just to get those Christmas gift sales, the US release has to sacrifice the Christmas special).

I'm not sure about the source of your information. Nothing official has been said about the U.K. version.

What has been said is that it's coming this year, and that it won't contain The Christmas Special (Doctor Who Magazine, various DW forums).

As for the S9 releases, they had the same content and were both released in the spring of 2016

Nothing been said about technical specs for any release. Prior DW releases haven't been consistent

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
David:
Quite right, I don't have any info on the upcoming UK release, and my info on previous US releases was based on faulty info. However, I would still say it is likely that the UK release won't be until the Spring (as normal) and would, therefore, include the 2017 special, unless your comment about DWM was also meant to apply to the UK release and not just the US one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks