What's new

Disney's Peter Pan (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering what everyone thought of the Peter Pan:SE? The colors, for the most part, are gorgeous. However, during the "Your Mother and Mine" song, there are a couple of shots where Wendy's dress is white...the original vhs was not like this. Was this a mistake in the orignal print? It looks as if someone forgot to color in the dress, or perhaps the colors are wrong on the dvd...opinions?

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Peter Pan is one of my favorite Disney cartoons. the first laser disc - from the late 80s had the correct colors, but was transferred very soft. the second lader ( smae transferas the first dVD) ws sharp but the colors were poor - including Wendys white dress.
The dVD SE I don't think is a true remaster - they took the second master and just gussied it up to make it look better.
Right now, I've givenup hope of ever seeing a good Peter Pan or Pinocchio(which look TERRIBLE)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The SE was restored by Lowry Digital Images hopefully from better elements.

Pinocchio is coming soon in a special edition with another digitally restored transfer. I have the original Pinocchio DVD...it's not terrible, but it it obviously has been painboxed to death.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Is Pinocchio going to be released again? I thought it was going to be part of the Platinum Collection...

Just Wondering.

Zack

James Reader

Screenwriter
Re: Pinocchio restoration - just released in the UK My Review Here

re: Peter Pan - you may be interested in this upcoming 2 disc set - which includes the complete silent Paramount version of the film play (which I understand was purchased by Disney before production on their animated Peter Pan commenced) - Amazon.fr

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Pinocchio is not one of the Platinum Titles. Platinum Titles were originally given the following release schedule...

http://www.dvdjournal.com/news/disney.19991111.html

But date changes have been made and the latest release schedule, at last I heard, is something like this...
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=52309
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/ultimateclassics.htm

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (2001)
Beauty and the Beast (2002)
The Lion King (2003)
Aladdin (2004)
Bambi (2005)
The Jungle Book (2006)
Cinderella (2007)
The Little Mermaid (2008)
Lady and the Tramp (2009)
101 Dalmatians (2010)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Yeah the colors are off. At one point Peter Pan almost looks like...MICHAEL JACKSON! Concidence? I think not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks