What's new

Disney cans Miyazaki releases? (1 Viewer)

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
At this URL: http://www.inside.com/product/produc...9-802BA3030103
...is an interesting article pointing that, apparently, Disney won't be releasing any more Miyazaki films (like their promised DVD editions of Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Nausicaa) Why am I not surprised.
What is, perhaps, mot horrifying about this article is the blase' attitude it takes to Disney altering Mononoke just to make it "marketable", ignoring how offensive the cultural re-invention is.
------------------
-----------
Dan Lopez
http://www.digitallyobsessed.com
My Reviews

Andrew Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
If Disney doesn't want them, I'm sure they'll do the right thing and pass on the rights to a company that cares. I'm sure US MANGA would be more than happy to release the masterworks of Miyazaki. I WANT NAUSICAA!!!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
There is no truth to this rumor, people are going nuts over nothing. Disney has no NEW Miyazaki on the current release lists. Keep in mind they still have Laputa in the can, and as all Ghibli releases are (unfortunately) going to probably go direct to video from now on, they want to get out what they have first. They are contractually obligated to get these titles out in the US, how fast depends on how much we bitch
Central Park Media (US Manga Corps) with Miyazaki? Not likely. If anything, they'll put it out through Miramax or Criterion. Speaking of which, we made our Miyazaki desires known at their last chat, perhaps they'll have an update for us next Tues?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks