What's new

Did I do good on my upgrades, opinions please? (1 Viewer)

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
In May I started the upgrade process. Here is a list of what I had and what I replaced it with. Tell me what you think.
Pioneer VSXD-709S receiver
Pioneer DV-333 DVD player
Sanyo 32" TV
speakers
DCM KX2 center FL,C,FR
Rears were DCM 6's
Sub homemade isobaric box with 2 twelves and 240 watt amp
new stuff
Denon 2802 receiver
Pioneer dv 333- Thinking about either Pan RV61 for DVDA or Sony DVP NS500V for SACD as replacement
Sony Wega 32"
speakers
4 Klipsch KSB1.1 for FL,FR,SL,SR
2 Klipsch KSC-C1 for front and rear center
I got all 6 Klipsch for $580 form a local store
sub-Paradigm PDR1200
I love the way it looks and sounds, I'm just curious if the experts out there think I did good. I have it all set up with VE and Rat Shack spl meter.

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I'm no expert...but You made some real "sound" changes in your system for the better! It should sound like a totaly different beast and look diff with the wega... If your happy..thats what counts...
till upgrade bug strikes you again..good luck
------------------
So far, So good, So what
Link Removed
http://thomas2307.homestead.com/thomasworld.html

Vince Chan

Stunt Coordinator
I think you made some good choices there Bobby. As long as YOU are satisified with how your system sounds, that's all that really matters.
------------------
Link Removed

Sean-D

Agent
Good Job Bobby!!!
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

I've been doing sales/installations for over 10 years and I can tell you I would have had a hard time assembling a better system for you myself! Good quality components across the board. When you get your DVD-audio or SACD player(my personal favorite)
wink.gif
you will really see how well you did. I love those klipsch speakers, recommend them all the time to my clients.
Very well done home theater Bobby.
icon14.gif

You should be proud!
patriot.gif

------------------
Sean-D.
"If at first you don't succeed,...remove all evidence that you ever tried."

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Fear not, fret not, Bobby. You have done quite well for yourself. And don't you worry about a thing: if it works for Bobby, then it works for me very well. As it is, as of late this past summer, I have been going through the serious upgrades myself as the bug has hit me hard suddenly, so I know. For me, a receiver (Onkyo TX-DS797) and a television (one not unlike yours) are next and on the way!!! So, enjoy your upgrades, Bobby, and may they do you and yours all well and good and proud. Congratulations!!!!! :)
------------------
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Thanks for all of the replies. I am extremely happy with the new set up. TPM was awesome to watch on this system. It even registered a noticeable improvement rating on the wifeometer
biggrin.gif

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Tina, a good friend of mine just got the 797 and in his words it's a phenomenal receiver. He has it paired with Atlantic Technology system 270.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks