What's new

Did I buy the wrong component cable? (1 Viewer)

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
I am in the process of upgrading my whole HT. I have a Panny PT-47WX52 coming on Sunday and ordered a Panny Rp-82 to compliment it this week from Onecall. Tonight I decided to choose some cables...I didn't want outrageous prices, just something good enough to for my system without sacrificing quality. I decided on Wicked Cables to oufit everything (S-Video, Component, Sub, Digi Coax). My concern is that I just found out the component uses RG-59, which I know is not top notch. Will this cable degrade my picture noticably? Should I have gone with a pricier cable? I would hate to have made a bad choice considering the new equip and all. What do you think??

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
no reason to think it would as the cable has bandwidth capabilities far exceeding the output of your dvd.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
I don't think you will notice any short comings from RG59 cable. The Belden 1505a that Wicked uses is very good broadcast quality cable probably equal in performance to the RG6 that Canare uses. You could have picked up Belden's RG6 1694a for less but I dont think you will miss much performance wise.

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
Great, just what I needed to hear. The only experience I have with the abilities of a coax cable is with general cable/sat equipment, and I know that RG-6 performs much better in that field. Can't wait for that 480p picture whn the RPTV is broken in. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks