What Component cable to buy

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Jay_Doo, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Jay_Doo

Jay_Doo Auditioning

I have a pt-ae900u and I want to connect it to yamaha's htr-5990. The distance is 28 feet. I was told to use component cables as hdmi cables at that length could loose the signal. What component cable should I buy? There are so many manufacturer's to choose from blue jeans, monster, ultralink etc.... I'd appreciate any advice.

2. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard
    First of all, I think a good HDMI cable should work fine, but I have never tried it. I would buy the best AR or Radio Shack component cable at the 30' length if you decide to go with component. The very expensive cables really aren't going to provide better quality despite what you may have been told. I have AR cables, available online or at Best Buy and other retailers and have been very happy with them. The really cheap cables may or may not work, but usually will although I don't have a specific recommendation for a very cheap cable. I think Monoprice may have an HDMI cable that will work as other retailers should.

Chris

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    For either, I would just go to www.bluejeanscable.com The best component cables I've ever used, yet very reasonably priced. They also sell HDMI cables up to 50ft lengths. I don't think a 28ft run will be a problem, though you should definitely make sure you have some extra length factored in for slack/service.

4. Craig*C

Craig*C Auditioning

www.heartlandcables.com Can make you an EXCELLENT set of custom length cables for a VERY reasonable price. I was very happy with his service.