What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Dick Miller, ‘Gremlins’ and ‘Terminator’ Actor, Dies at 90 (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Such agreat character actor. From Corman on, seemed he appeared in small roles in a bunch of varied parts. Will really miss him. RIP.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's a heartbreaker but the man got 90 years and had a decades long film career so he did pretty damn good. I always smile when I see him in a movie whether it's Bucket Of Blood or Rock N Roll High School or The Terminator or every Joe Dante movie.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Sad news. Miller played a great "everyman" character. In addition to the first Gremlins, he also had a cameo in Gremlins II - very underrated film.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Loved Dick Miller, he was great fun two watch and was usually a highlight of any Joe Dante film. Sad news to hear, but he lived a good, long life and his work will live on and continue to make people smile in the future.

images

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sad news. Miller played a great "everyman" character. In addition to the first Gremlins, he also had a cameo in Gremlins II - very underrated film.
I wouldn't call that a cameo - he had a much larger and more important role in the sequel.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Loved seeing him in all those Joe Dante films, even Small Soldiers. RIP!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
He's in the TZ movie in Joe's piece of course! The guy working at the diner. "...I just keep the quarters..." lol

Sadly, I thought it was already gone. :( He's a treat in everything he's in.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
He's in the TZ movie in Joe's piece of course! The guy working at the diner. "...I just keep the quarters..." lol

Sadly, I thought it was already gone. :( He's a treat in everything he's in.
Very weird, but I was just thinking about him a few days ago, thinking how I never heard anything about him passing yet, so assumed he was still around. Kind of a morbid thing to think about, but with every other day seeing celebrity obits in the news, your mind wanders and start thinking about even obscure actors who are still around.

Real Name
Yugo
That's a heartbreaker but the man got 90 years and had a decades long film career so he did pretty damn good. I always smile when I see him in a movie whether it's Bucket Of Blood or Rock N Roll High School or The Terminator or every Joe Dante movie.

My thoughts exactly. I really enjoyed his small role in Terminator. RIP and he'll be missed but 90 years is a good long life and he must have had some good times.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Watching my new blu-ray of Matinee right now. Great fun to see Dick Miller on screen.

That's one of the great things about film. Even after a favorite actor has passed, you can still see them again and again in their movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks