1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon DVD 2200 - where is the base management?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ian_J, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Ian_J

Ian_J Stunt Coordinator

hello,

Does anybody out there have a Denon DVD2200? I purchased one but can't seem to locate the "bass management" adjustments. Heck, I can't even find a section in the manual about it. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

2. Andy Bell

Andy Bell Stunt Coordinator

Ian J,

go to the "audio setup" and move down to "audio channel" next move the cursor the right to select "multi channel or "2 channel" when you select one of these and press the "enter" button the speaker setup menu will appear and you can set up the bass management.

Hope this helps,
    Andy

3. Ian_J

Ian_J Stunt Coordinator

Andy,

Thanks. Yes, I've done this, but I guess I was expecting more. Some sort of digital crossover or something. All that is displayed after selecting "multi channel" is Speaker Config, Channel Level and Delay time. All I can select in speaker config is the size of the speaker. Is this it or am I missing something?

Ian

4. Andy Bell

Ian,

Thats it.In the speaker configuration section any speaker you select as small will have a 80Hz crossover point. If you want selectable crossover points you have to move up to the DVD-5900.

Andy

5. Ian_J

Ian_J Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info. Now I know I'm not missing anything. By the way, I'm still very impressed with this player. Its head and shoulders above my old Sony.

thanks again.
    Ian

6. Andy Bell

Ian,

Glad to help. I just got my 2200 last Sunday and for the money spent I am very happy with it also, video and audio wise.

Enjoy,
    Andy