What's new

Denon AVR-4806 vs Marantz SR9600 (1 Viewer)

Brian Hillier

Auditioning
Good Day,

I have narrowed my receiver choice down to the above two receivers and am looking for feedback regarding the comparison between the two, matching components for either and possible any other suggestions of product matching the features of these two.

At present I already understand the Denon has one extra HDMI input but has 10 watts per channel less power than the Marantz. Specifically I am interested in any info regarding the components that are in each as well as opinions of the matching DVD players Denon VS Marantz.

I am running Paradigm Studio Series Speakers
CC-570 Center, Studio 60 Fronts, and in-wall SA-30 Surronds

My TV is A Sony Grand Wega KDF60WF655
And I plan on running a Dishnetwork DVR 921 for a sat receiver.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Brian, from a sonic standpoint you won't notice any real differences between these units. Instead, focus on the feature sets that appeal to you the most. Since you've noted that the Denon has more than one HDMI input, might that weigh you in favor of it?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You are right at the price point where you could look at separates rather than a receiver.

Both of those are going to be great receivers, but if it were me, I'd opt for the 9600 between those two. (I'm a Marantz guy :) )

I recently installed a used 9200 w/Ultra2 update for a friend with an all v3 Studio setup and it sounded very nice. I had the receiver at my place for a while and tried it out in my 2ch setup and it has plenty of power. The 9600 is the first update since the 9300V, though it sounds like it is more of an update than a dramatic improvement, but I'm sure it will sound great.

Ideally, a receiver should have no effect on video. I'm sure both will do fine. As Jack notes, if you have more than one HDMI device, the Denon may be the better choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks