What's new

denon avr-1803 vs. yamaha rxv-1300 (1 Viewer)

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
hey I have a couple of questions regarding these two recievers. I just built a large game room,and i will also equip it with a new home theater system. This room is about 750 square feet, with 13 foot vaulted ceilings. I know I will need a fairly powerful reciever, but i want to keep the price down to a minimum. I have heard that both of these brands are exceptional, so i'm not worried about reliability. What is the main difference between the two recievers except the sheer output power? My actual listening area for my new room will only be about 350 square feet, so i'm sure both of these will be able to handle that room size. These will be powering the klipsch rf-3 II series speakers and an svs pb-2plus subwoofer. Does this sound like a system that these recievers can handle? I really like the looks of the yamaha reciever and its back panel. Thank you for your help!
One more question, what are OHMS?

DerrikW

Stunt Coordinator
ohms are the amount of resistance any given speaker has. the lower the ohms the lower the resistance, but this also puts more of a load on the receiver/amp. Your klipsch speakers will work fine with either receiver you choose since they are 8 ohms, also you shouldn't have a problem getting them to go nice and loud in that size of room because klipsch speakers are very efficient, yours are 98db. with your svs you are not going to have a problem covering the lower octaves. One thing you might want to keep in mind is klipsch speakers are know to be bright sounding speakers, mixing them with a yamaha which are also known to be bright, might be a little too much. I would personally pick the denon because they are alittle more laid back. But don't let any of us choose which receiver you should get, you should really go and listen to both of them and pick the one that sounds best to you.
My $.02 worth. :)

jad

Agent
I've listened to the rx-v1300 and although sounding quite good the fixed 90hz crossover was a deal killer for me. I am presently auditioning the dennon avr-2803 for the 2nd time. The first unit did not sound right for some reason sounding weak and dull. Initially the 2nd unit sounds better and although I wouldn't classify it as punchy it seems dynamic enough at decent levels and sounds very good in the direct mode for 2 channel. It also has a variable crossover down to 40hz. I still need more time with it to get a more complete feel for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks