What's new

Denon 3803/Denon 2200 won't play Dolby Digital (1 Viewer)

Chad Viro

Stunt Coordinator
Hello everyone....
I am hoping someone could help me with a problem I am having. I am having difficulties with my receiver/dvd player. It won't auto to Dolby Digital for movies like Star wars: Phantom Menace (the DD light does not come on and my receiver displays "NEO: C6" or something like that).

Are there any settings for my DVD player and receiver that I might be missing? For my DVD player, what should I have the audio set to? Also, in the receiver settings, I noticed there was a setting for 'double digital remix' or something like that. Should I have that on Yes/No? Any help would be great!

Chad Viro

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Charles, Thanks for the assistance! Unfortunately, I could not find those options in my DVD Audio Menu. Below are the only audio setups I can change in the menu:

Audio Setup:
-Audio Channel (Options: Multichannel or 2 Channel)
-Super Audio CD (Options: Mutli, Stereo, or CD)
-Digital Out (Options: Normal or PCM)
-LPCM(44.1kHz/48kHz) (Options: On or Off)
-Bass Enhancer (Options: On or Off)
-Exit Menu

Any help is greatly appreciated! I am soo confused!! :frowning:

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
You're looking at the DVD-Audio menu. You must find the initial DVD setup menu and activate the bitstream and DTS. When all else fails, read the owner's manual. I wish I could help more, but I'm not familiar with the Denon.

Chad Viro

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Mark:
Yea, reading the manual didn't help. It basically tells you to go into the setup menu (which has the following tabs:
-Disc Setup
-OSD Setup
-Video Setup
-Audio Setup (which I gave specific information about above)
-Ratings
-Other Setup

I cannot find the bitstream option anywhere, unfortunately :frowning:

Chad Viro

Stunt Coordinator
If I set it to multichannel, it then sends me to menus to choose speaker distance, small/large, etc. Is that correct? I set all this in my receiver's menu.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I just realized that no one has asked you how the DVD player and receiver are connected. That might be relevant. Please be specific.

Also, I just looked at the Denon manual online. The equivalent of a "bitstream" is the "on" setting for "-Digital Out (Options: Normal or PCM)". It's also the factory default.

M.

Chad Viro

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Michael:
I am using a digital audio coax cable from BlueJeanCables connecting the DVD player and the Receiver.

Well, I have no other ideas as to what the problem is. :frowning: As you mentioned, I left the Digial Out option in the sound menu set to default (which is normal).

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
you assigned the particular coax out you're using to the dvd player in the receiver's setup, correct?

Sue B

Auditioning
Have you set the Digital in Assignment setting?

You need to make sure your 'digital' input is set for the DVD player to COAX1 or whatever you happen to have attached. You mention the 3803. is this what you have ? It is what I have and there is an AUTO setting where your receiver will recognize the signal coming in. Be sure that is set. If you are using the 2200 not sure how to help. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks