What's new

Denon 3802(features) vs. Arcam AVR200(basics) (1 Viewer)

This week I will be taking the plunge and buying my first Home Theatre system.

I am pretty sure these are the speakers I will be going with:

Paradigm Ref. Studio 60

Paradigm Ref. Studio ADP

Paradigm Pw2200 sub.

No center for the moment ( no where to put it )

My dilema is which reciever? I was pretty much set on the Denon 3802 until I got to the second store yesterday, which doesn't sell Denon, and didn't have anything with all the same features. But the salesman asked me to listen to the Arcam AVR200, I did, and muscially it beat out a comparable Yamaha, Integra and Pioneer Elite.

I have no immediate plans to go to more than a 5.1 set-up, which the Arcam I think would handle well. The Arcam uses a Tirodial (sp?) transformer and has most of the feature I want ( PL2, pre-outs, SACD in ...) but lacks the extra channel capability of the Denon.

How many movies can I expect to actually take advantage of the extra channels which the Denon could handle?

What would you do?

The prices of the two units are almost the same, and suspect I would use the system a bit more for movies than for music.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Brian.

Okay let's put it this way, has anyone been able to compare a Pioneer Elite to a comparable Denon AV reciever? If so which receiver came out on top in terms of sounds quality?

The Pioneer Elite was definitely the closed in quality to the Arcam, so if the Denon is close to the Pioneer, then I would probably go with the Denon.

Thanks,

Brian.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks