What's new

DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY C/L/R 2500- Low Range (1 Viewer)

bspgmgolf

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon Smith
I just got my new DefinitiveTechnology C/L/R 2500 center speaker. The BP 7002's are on their way.

I swaped out the Klipsch RC-52 and noticed a strong performance difference right away.(mainly the added sub performance up front) Currently the low range into the speaker ISN'T hooked up. Would it be that big of difference if it was? How would I "split" my low range out of my HK 347?

I'm assuming the BP 7002's will also have the low range in and plus I've still got my sub. In theory I'd be splitting my low range three ways (BP 7002, center and sub).

What's the best way to hook all this up?

One other note, do I have to cut off the DT CLR 2500 off every night because of the amp?

Cheers,
Brandon

bspgmgolf

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon Smith
Bump, should I use the low range input for center and what should I do in regards to turning the center/amp off every night?

Brandon

bspgmgolf

Auditioning
Real Name
Brandon Smith
Bump, should I use the low range input for center and what should I do in regards to turning the center/amp off every night?

Brandon

dean_g

Agent
Please read the manual that came with the C/L/R 2500. If you didn't get one, you can download it from the Definitive site.

All of Definitives powered speakers (including the C/L/R 2500) have auto on/off. It will power off on its own, and will power back up when it detects an incoming signal.

I personally wouldn't bother with the low level input hookup method. Just connect it the way you would any other loudspeaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks