What's new

DDD Sale 50% off A and E dvds (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I just ordered and has already been shipped(stuff is in stock) Kids in the Hall:Season 3 for $29.98-not too bad!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ooooooh! The 11-disc Boston Red Sox 2004 World Championship Set is just $64.98! :eek:

Must have...can't afford...best price I've ever seen...can't afford. Damn! I need to get independently wealthy...QUICK! :D

"Swing and a ground ball, stabbed by Foulke. He has it. He underhands to first. And the Boston Red Sox are the World Champions. For the first time in 86 years, the Red Sox have won baseball's world championship. Can you believe it?"
WEEI's Joe Castiglione's radio play-by-play on October 27, 2004 :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can also recommend that Kenneth Branaugh set "Shackleton" about the expedition to the South Pole during WWI. At $9.95 its a steal. Quite a story. A documentary on the expedition call The Endurance (the name of the ship used) was released a few years ago on DVD. It also is quite good.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
I picked up the Lost Battalion.

Simply one of the best WWI and/or war films you will ever see.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
True story. A co-worker (I work in a small office) comes into my office today and, knowing that I'm a big Red Sox fan, tells me his mother "just bought that big Red Sox DVD set". Now he knows I'm "Mr. DVD Price" and everything...but I ask him where'd she get it and what did she pay? The answer was $129 at Borders! :eek: A nano-second later I asked, "Did she open it yet?!"

She hadn't. I showed him the DDD sale and the price of $64.98 and gave the site my recommendation. He casually observes that she could get two sets for the price of one.

The return to Borders and order from DDD are about to get underway, I think. :emoji_thumbsup: Thanks, Brett*H for posting the sale!

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Mike...glad I saved a few people some money!

Sometimes these "limited time" obscure sales are just too good to keep all to myself! :D

I finished up my "Dr Quinn" collection by picking up the last 2 seasons(hey,what can I tell you?...I'm just a sentimental sucker for good family dramas...especially when they're in the western genre)and I also snapped up the "Monty Python 16 Ton Mega Set" ($99.00 was a pretty good deal for that one.)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The only thing that would get me to buy right now is the A&E version of The Scarlet Pimpernel with Richard E. Grant & Elizabeth McGovern, which, sadly, isn't part of this sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks