What's new

Dawn of the Dead (2004) HD DVD still censored!!! (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yeah, makes sense. She has been walking on the scene in the nude all day, but "Oh, my, I'm actually visible in the movie..."

Just suppose, BTW, that the blood stained shot is the original one. And the one with the blood replaced by uhm, a few fountains of milk shot is the censored version.... :laugh:

I know it's all about art, an not about the boobs. Of course not.
Just remember that 2000+ posts (or so ;) ) thread, when it was believed that a part of the Teminator-3 movie was, well, cropped/censored/butchered. As it happened is was about the first shots of the female Terminator that didn't show, guess what, what people remembered seeing in the theater. :)

Cees

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Those T3 boobs were visible in the "open matte" 4:3-version (film was shot in Super-35), which was included in the Korean LE (DVD) at least. I´m sure there are people who bought it. ;)

This "topless zombie" (or woman)-shot was included in all the other Unrated DVD-versions - except in R1. If the R1 would be the only version WITH this "topless zombie"-shot, I doubt that we would be debating here..

But hey, it´s only one shot, so I guess it´s time to move on..

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jari,

Yes, it was only in the matted area (and perhaps one or two projectionists did show it to their audience). But let's face it: if it was about a toe being visible or not, the # of posts about the subject would be significantly less....

Cees

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Yes, but with "Dawn (04)", they only "removed" the "boob"-shot in the US. So if Zack Snyder did remove it, he forgot to tell the rest of the world. Do I repeat myself here, lol.. ;)

Look, it´s no secret that US is more "strict" when it comes to nudity, compared e.g. to Europe. In the US you can show violence, but not nudity (meaning certain rating-limits). So that might have happened here (granted, it´s called "Unrated", so I don´t fully get it) or Snyder removed the shot from the US prints (not others) for his own reasons, etc.

Let´s move on! ;)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if there would be as much of an outcry about censorship had this been male genitalia that was obscured? :laugh: j/k ;)

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
Well, I watched it tonight.

Can't really comment on Sound.

Picture quality was good, but I guess it's not the strongest out of my titles.

Anyways, I've not the equipment to give a in depth review.

But anyways, the girl in question was censored, howver, there are 2 other boob shots in the movie.

Soo.......why those boobs and not the other two boobs?

I dont' think it's about the boobs guys.

And dont' tell me "it's ALWAYS about the boobs."

We're not that shallow here.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I found it more interesting that there was a gratuitous boob shot during the end credits, when I hadnt really taken any notice of nudity throughout the film and they were very careful to use the shower door obscuration at the films opening.

I'm writing up the review now, and I personally feel that if you are passing on this film because of a single digital edit that is -Consistant- with the R rated version even if it -could- have been 'fixed' for the unrated version you are making a big deal outta nothing. The video quality is superb and the extras are very enlightening, the film itself was a wortht reimagining and the sound while not stellar had some nice tricks up its sleeves. Passing on all that cause of a single edit doesnt make sense to me.

Sam

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

i certainly wont pass this baby cause i like mr. snyder's remake. what i wont do is buy the north-american release! i gonna wait till the german or japanese hd dvd shows up and that one. besides they gonna have a much cooler artwork too :P

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

And how long are you going to wait for those? And how much are you going to pay? There are already custom covers being made for the HD DVD if you don't like the art.

Still, its your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks