What's new

Dark Age of Camelot Shrouded Isles Open Beta Registration - Monday (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
from http://www.camelotherald.com
At some point on Monday, probably after noon EDT, we will be posting a registration form for those interested in getting the chance to participate in the beta test for Shrouded Isles. This form will be available for 24 hours, no longer, no exceptions. One entry per player, please, I will be deleting any duplicate entries before the random selection is made. It will be random selection, by the way, sending us a resume will not increase your odds. I do not yet have a date to give you for the start of open beta, but rest assured I will announce it as soon as I have it. Thank you all very much for your interest, it is much appreciated.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I'll be signing up!

Definitely interested in playing the new Reaver class! Still working on gettimg my main to 40 (will do that this weekend).

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
It's good to see that there's an expansion coming to DAoC. I played it for 6 months after it first came out and finally quit out of frustration with the constant nerfing of classes and the inability of a melee class to be worthwhile in RvR. Lately I've been missing it and have started thinking about coming back. What are some of the improvements that have been made lately? My highest level character was a level 40 Berserker on Tristan. Would it be worthwhile for me to come back?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
What are some of the improvements that have been made lately? My highest level character was a level 40 Berserker on Tristan. Would it be worthwhile for me to come back?
There have been quite a few changes my man. Blocking and Parrying are now fully working in RVR. That was a big complaint from allot of melee classes (Me as well, I play a 39 Paladin). The Realm skills have been added which allow many classes to enhance thier skills (such as buying purge which will remove Mez and Stun effects). For the Paladin and Shaman class, they have added endurace regeneration spells which is realy usefull and make us quite a bit more viable for RVR.

This last patch they adjusted the experience gain for levels 35-40 and 40-45 so that its easier to level and isn't so much of a "grind". They have added dungeons to the frontier which all interconnect. (though they look very similiar to some of the other dungeons). Along with that they added Darkness Falls. A huge dungeon that is accessible only to the realm that holds the most keeps. (and includes merchants with high level mercahts that have very unique items).

They now have couriers that give kill tasks up to level 40 in the frontiers as well. They added bind stones at the portal keeps for RVR so that you dont have to take that LONG ASS ride from an old bind point. They finally have allowed you to bind follow stick and face to keyboard keys!! (big thing for me!) . Don't know if you were there for the Epic zones as well. (Each realm got an epic zone with high level encounters and a dragon for each realm). Finally Spellcrafting and Alchemy (2 new crafting professions) are in testing now and due to go live in this patch.

Thats just the major stuff and doesnt include the little improvements here and there. Melee classes still suffer in RVR since the game is still very much a ranged/assassin/casters game but it is getting better and IMO Mythic is doing a good job on working on these issues..

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Wow, that's a lot of changes! :) I started reading up on the forums yesterday and I like what I've heard. I opened my account back up last night and signed up for the beta. Now I might actually make it to level 50! :D

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I gave it a fair shot and never dug it. There's too many good MMORPGs coming out, just when I've finally caught the pack in EQ =)

Kad

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
just when I've finally caught the pack in EQ =)
*vomit*;)
Sorry posten, I tried to give that game a chance and just never got into it myself. I will give EQ its due though, it trounces DAOC (and almost every other MMORPG out there) in content alone. The new GUI changes they made in the game went a long way towards helping the game (even if the GUI is VERY DAOC). Luclin was also a good upgrade in the graphics!
But alas...I still didn't enjoy playing it at all..

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
With SI and Spellcraft / Alchemy the game will have much more to do. But to be truly competitive in RvR you will have to work that much better to get the best items.
I have a 50 nightshade who is a blast to play some of the time, however in the zerg battles that happen a lot it's not too much fun.
I've gotten 2 other characters into the high 30s and a handful more into the high 20s. Being able to play on different servers / realms adds some level of fun, but you really need to be part of a guild who is in an alliance to experience much of the game.
Well that's just my 2 cents about Camelot after playing it for about a year :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks