What's new

Crutchfield Has Panasonic XP50 For $229.99 + $3 Next Day Air S/H!!! Look Below!!! (1 Viewer)

JasonLC

Stunt Coordinator
Like I have said before Crutchfield has the Panasonic XP50 ON SALE cheaper then I have ever seen it for $249.99 + $3 S/H (Guaranteed on Christmas Eve if you order ASAP today). If you are a 1st Time Crutchfield customer you can use my referral code of "p5x6q-hgkf0-rb4ad" when you checkout to save $20 instantly off the $249.99 which will get you the player for only $229.99 +$3 S/H (Guaranteed on Christmas Eve if you order ASAP today). I used another members referral code just like you can use mine and got the player for that $229 price along with the Crutchfield Home Theater Guide And AV Reference revision 4 for FREE!!! I just checked the order status and I ordered my XP50 last night at 7:24PM and they have already shipped it out this morning via FedEx Next Day Air all for only $3 since it is "Guaranteed By Christmas For Only $3" if you order ASAP today!!! That is amazing service and of course with Crutchfield if you don't like the product, you have 30 days to return with the return shipping paid by Crutchfield with NO HASSLE. If you have any questions about the XP50 please read my previous thread below comparing XP50 and RP82 etc:
XP50 Information Thread
Once again if you are interested in buying the beautiful Panasonic XP50, click the link below to buy it from the cheapest place anywhere which is Crutchfield for only $249.99 - $20.00 (1st Time Buyer Referral Discount) and have it at your doorstep tomorrow for only $3!!! Since the RP82 is BackOrdered everywhere online, that would make this XP50 or even the CP72(5 Disc Changer)a perfect solution and you will have it tomorrow and save money!!! Please use my referral code which is "p5x6q-hgkf0-rb4ad" when checking out to save the $20 if you are a 1st Time Buyer Only.
Crutchfield XP50 Link
P.S. > Moderators I am not trying to SPAM, just trying to save members some money like I saved off of another member's referral code when I bought from Crutchfield. ;-)

MartyK

Agent
Jason,

I currently have a Sony Vega and am intested in this player for its DVD-Audio (but video is also very important). Do you know how it's interlaced video performs?

Thanks,

Marty

JasonLC

Stunt Coordinator
MartyK,

The XP50 uses the same MPEG Decoder as the RP91 which is considered to have reference quality interlace output. The XP50 also uses the Sage FLI2200 deinterlacer which gives it an edge over the RP91 in progressive output. The progressive output of the RP82/XP50/CP72 can't be beat in the $250 price range and matches those Denon DVD players in the $1,000 price range in video quality. On my Toshiba 57H81 16:9 HDTV, the RP82 shines both in interlaced and in progressive picture. There isn't a huge difference between the two modes except that the progressive picture is more 3D, brighter, and has very little visible scanlines even from where I sit which is 6 feet away from a 57"! I feel that the DVD-A on my RP82 which is same as XP50 produces an excellent sound stage and does sound better then CD. I also feel that the DTS 24/96 through the digital output on Queen's DVD-A disc sounds much better through my Sony DA4ES, then the MLP 24/96 track via the RP82's analog outputs. The XP50/RP82 would fit your bill perfect and I would highly recommend it!!!

MartyK

Agent
Jason,

Thanks for the reply and information. I may have to pick this up after Xmas.

Happy Holidays!

Marty

JasonLC

Stunt Coordinator
Well it looks like Crutchfield now ran dry on stock on the Panasonic XP50. They do have the CP72 though for $249.99 - $20 1st Time Buyer Discount = $229.99 + $3 Next Day Air. Plus the CP67 and CP72 have a $30 Mail-In Rebate which brings the grand total to $202.99 shipped to your doorstep tomorrow. These Panasonics are flying out like hotcakes.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
How are they handling disks I had a 1st gen panny that really hated layer changes, also how's the VCD and SVCD support as well as the DVD+R/RW?

JasonLC

Stunt Coordinator
Right now I have the RP82 and it handles everything perfectly. I have tried VCD,SVCD(Subtitles Even Work),KVCD,XVCD,and MP3 on both CD-R and CD-RW of varying brands and burn speeds. The layer change is always less then a second on all the DVD's I have played. It has the fastest layer change I have seen to date. VCDHELP states that it does indeed play DVD-R,DVD-RW,DVD+R,DVD+RW, and DVD-RAM flawlessly. I don't think multi-format disc playback can get any better then that of the RP82/XP50/CP72 Panasonic DVD players.

harana

Grip
Real Name
Haseeb
Jason,

Are you saying that RP82 and XP50 the same units inside, and the only difference is the outside box? If that is true then is XP50 the replacement for the RP82? I read somewhere that RP82 replacement is not out yet.

Also, The RP82 manual does not claim to be compatible with the DVD+R and +RW. Has anyone actually tried them on RP82? Best regards,

Haseeb

JasonLC

Stunt Coordinator
Haseeb,
I am saying that the XP50 has been confirmed to have the same exact audio/video setions as the RP82/CP72. The benefit of the XP50 would be the fact that it is 1.1 lb heavier then RP82 meaning it is built better, has much better styling, and had GOLD RCA outputs rather then the silver RCA outputs of the RP82, and it is actually In Stock at places like www.jandr.com etc. I bought one of the last ones at Crutchfield before they ran out of stock forever. I will leave a detailed review of the XP50 once I receive and test it out tomorrow. BTW the manual is wrong, VCDHELP has confirmed the RP82 does play CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW. I especially love the full file named MP# playback of my RP82. Considering that the RP82 and XP50 have the same audio/video sections, this should mean the XP50 will have the exact same playback abilities as the RP82.

harana

Grip
Real Name
Haseeb
Jason,

The review of XP-50 will be interesting. Would you be able to compare XP-50 and RP82?

Do you or anyone else know the difference between RP82 firmware versions? I am interested in the difference between versions L02665D282 and L02665D287. The D282 was used till July manufacturing date. From September on they have D287 in them. What fixes or improvements are there in the upgraded firmware???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks