What's new

Criterion's Rashomon on 3/26 (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The Digital Bits has more Criterion street dates posted. Rashomon is among them:
Criterion will also release Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon on March 26th (SRP also $39.95). The disc will include a new high-definition transfer of the full frame (1.33:1) image, Dolby Digital mono audio in Japanese (with newly translated English subtitles) and dubbed English, audio commentary by Japanese film historian Donald Richie, a video introduction by Robert Altman, excerpts from The World of Kazuo Miyagawa (a documentary film about Rashomon's cinematographer), reprints of the Rashomon source stories (Ryunosuke Akutagawa's In a Grove and Rashomon), Akira Kurosawa on Rashomon (a reprinted excerpt from his book Something Like an Autobiography) and the theatrical trailer.
Man, Criterion is really sticking it to me next year what with this, Wild Strawberries, La Strada, Monterey Pop, Spellbound, and Children of Paradise. I'm sure I'll be picking up other titles as well! :)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
My 2nd most wanted film on disc after Ikiru. I was hoping it would have a Kurosawa doc. on it, maybe the next disc.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I'm very much looking forward to this release. Rashomon was my first Kurosawa film and closest to my heart. A beautifully shot movie.

John Sturge

Stunt Coordinator
It's about time!

Now, how about the same treatment to, Throne of Blood, Seven Samurai,Yojimbo(ESPECIALLY),Ikiru,Ran,Kagemusha,Do des-ka-den,Dreams,Sanjuro,The Idiot,High And Low,Red Beared,The Bad Sleep Well,and Rhapsody In August.

Lots of Kurosawa films to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks