What's new

Criterion's February 2003 dvds announced (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Criterion is releasing both I am Curious - Yellow and Blue together. Interesting.

I do wish they'd release the two Pink Floyd films HVE has: More and La Vallee. I'm not that excited about the reissue of La belle et la bette, especially as they aren't changing the spine number.

Rich P

Stunt Coordinator
But at least the UPC number and the cover art are different. Don't become a prisoner to spine numbers.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I was hoping for more Kurosawa.
Nothing I'd buy from this batch. :)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'm not that excited about the reissue of La belle et la bette, especially as they aren't changing the spine number.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Among other things, the film itself has undergone restoration and the new transfer is from those restored elements. One particular highlight of this is the return of the wonderful original French opening title sequence, which was absent from the disc.
I haven't compared the specs yet, but I assume there will also be new extras.
Tell ya what, Jeff, we'll split the cost on one. You can have the container and I'll keep the disc. How's that? ;)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
That's the whole point, I don't need a container. I have a #6 already... ;) However, should I end up getting this (I've watched the other one once...) the spine better be black. That Night to Remember is messin' up the look of the first set. :)
If we are going for reissues (which, while nice, I'd prefer them release different titles, as there are plenty that could use the Criterion touch), how about redoing the Warhols with new anamorphic transfers and 3D for Flesh for Frankenstein.
BTW, I hope everyone isn't having trouble walking after getting their legs pulled...

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Speaking of La Vallee, HVE just announced it in a new anamorphic 2.35:1 transfer. :) Bring on MORE.

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
I'm surprised that they are not releasing "More" instead, since Ibiza is now such a hot destination...

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I glue spine numbers onto all my DVD sleeves as soon as I get them (in order). It just makes my collection that much more complete and unique.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
Jeff Ulmer wrote: "I'm not that excited about the reissue of La belle et la bette, especially as they aren't changing the spine number."

I don't quite see why they should. I think it's fair to say that this improved reissue replaces the old version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks