What's new

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie - Subtitle glitch (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
There are reports that when the English soundtrack and no subtitles are selected, French subtitles randomly appear throughout the film.

You can read about it

here.

I fortunately did not experience this glitch, but when I watch Cowboy Bebop: The Movie in English with no subtitles, a subtitle reading "Directed by Shinichiro Watanabe" appears at the very end, even though his credit appears earlier. My DVD player is a Sony DVP-NS700P.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
I too experienced the phantom Directed by Shinichiro Watanabe credit at the end as well.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I had no problems with the subtitles on the Japanese track. :D

Serves you right for watching it dubbed :p)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

:rolleyes

Can we please lighten up a little & recognize a joke when we see one? I though this :p) would make it obvious.

Go figure.

Once again in deadly serious mode let me state that:

The Japanese track doesn't have this problem so this problem must only be on the English track.

Just trying to help narrow down the problem for you dubbers.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Once again in deadly serious mode let me state that:

The Japanese track doesn't have this problem so this problem must only be on the English track.
Okay, got it. Your use of smileys wasn't very clear, and to me it seemed more like gloating.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I tried the disc on my computer and encountered the glitch. However, it only occurred when I changed the language tracks without going through the menus first. I'll have to try this out on my standalone Sony S500D player to see if the glitch still occurs or not.

Anyone here want my opinion on the quality of the French dub, or am I pushing it? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks