What's new

Count of Monte Cristo: Two Questions! (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Watched CoMC last night - very enjoyable!

However, two questions: is the trailer not included on the disc? It is a Disney DVD, so I wouldn't be shocked if it weren't, but I wasn't sure if I was just missing it. If it is not included, that's too bad - the trailer was fantastic.

Second, does anyone know why they colored the wheat at the end of movie? In the featurettes, the field is clearly the usual color for wheat - a goldish tan. However, in the climactic duel in the film itself, the crops are green.

I haven't listened to the commentary, and it isn't dealt with in the featurettes. Just wondering if anyone knew why the filmmakers felt it necessary to tint the grass (sort of reversing what the Cohen Bros did in O Brother Where Art Thou).

Thanks!

Todd Phillips

Second Unit
If you listen to the commentary, the director said that they had to reshoot practically the whole scene and that wheat was a different color. It's real. I had the same question and went back and listened to the commentary specifically for this. I do think it looks better in the green.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks