Has this ever happened to your dvds?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brandon Allen, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Brandon Allen

I felt unsure about asking this question at first, but...tonight I purchased "The Count of Monte Cristo" & and "Last of the Mohicans" ( two releases that are from different studios, and were released at diffrent times ). Well...I watched "Last of the Mohicans" and then put in "The Count of Monte Cristo" to view a bit of the features. After I pulled the disc out of my dvd player (Panasonic A-110) I noticed the inside of the disc was kinda smeared or maybe not fully painted, so I wondered if my player's laser could have done something to it, but there was no smearing and it wasn't hot, nor was my player. Then I looked at "Last of the mohicans" dvd, and it had the same spot in the same place. Is this coincidence, or should I have my player checked out...[​IMG]

2. Rain

Rain Producer

What was smeared now? The label side? I had a CD player that did that to one of my CDs once. Melted the label pretty much completely--it just turned to goo.

Not sure if that's what you mean though.