What's new

Could An IGN Insider Member Kindly Give Me A Brief Synapsis of ASB2003 Review? (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Looks like a solid game with a few quirks:

ASB is far from perfect, but its successes easily outweigh its deficits. Anyone who purchases this game, rather than waiting for Triple Play or WSB won't be disappointed. I can't beam enough over the Franchise Mode and the great off season menu. The Player Cards are a nice touch and should become a staple of all sports games. Acclaim should be commended for the amount of care they put into this game. Last year High Heat was the champ on PS2, but Acclaim may just take over that title with their latest outing. If you love a good baseball sim and you want to invest some serious time in multiple seasons, this is the game for you.

Presentation

All the teams and stadiums. The menus haven't really changed from previous ASB, but seems to become more of an unituitive mess with each version. 8.0

Graphics

Nice player models, but some of the animations are off. The ground textures are a bit too plain and there's no wear and tear over the course of a season. 7.5

Sound

Some good ambient sounds and decent play-by-play. I'm all about the guy shouting "What game are you watchin' Blue?!" 8.0

Gameplay

A good solid engine without a ton of bugs. I just love this game. It feels real and it's so nice to have ASB back to form. 9.0

Lasting Appeal

Plenty to come back for with lots of play modes, trivia, and a fantastic Franchise Mode. 9.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 8.9

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks