What's new

Confused about NCAA Football 2003 Release date... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
OK,
I'm a bit confused about the release date for NCAA Football 2003.
I've seen about 3 different release dates...
The first I saw had it coming out on PS2 and XBOX on 7/24 and GameCube on 7/31.
Buy.com has the release date for today for all three.
EASports' website says "ship date" for NCAA 2003 is tomorrow...
I'm confused!!! Can anyone shed some light?
If the "ship date" is tomorrow, does that mean it will be in stores on Wednesday?
Are video games not like DVDs and CDs, and released on Tuesdays?
:confused: :confused:

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
If the "ship date" is tomorrow, does that mean it will be in stores on Wednesday?

Are video games not like DVDs and CDs, and released on Tuesdays?
Basically, no. DVDs & CDs are 'preshipped' to retailers in advance of that Tuesday release date - they're sitting in the backroom for days, sometimes weeks, beforehand.

Games on the otherhand, don't pre-ship. When a publisher announces that the game will "ship on XXX", they mean just that - the distributor will start shipping it to retailers on that day. If a specific retailer has a good distribution chain, they may get it late that day or early the next day.

That's why the likes of Amazon suck for pre-orders - it generally takes them two days to get the game from the distributor & THEN they ship it out to you.

So, it may mean it'll be in select stores on Wednesday, more likely Thursday.

Damien

Supporting Actor
stay away form bestbuy, they always get their games 2 days later on a tuesday. NEVER pre-order online especially amazon and buy.com you may be getting it up to a week late, which if happened to me i would be two steps from the instition. Ebworld and gametop are the only two ones to go with if there isn't a store nearby, they usually will have it the day or next day. If you ordered from ea you may have already gotten it. , my gamestop will get it a 6:00 tonight, you guys should call to see.

David_Giles

Stunt Coordinator
Well,feel lucky that you guys even get to buy it at all,apparently due to the players not being pro's,they cant even sell ncaa football games here in Canada.DOOHHHH!!

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Update...
I was able to reserve the second-to-last pre-order copy at a local shop last night! :emoji_thumbsup:
I'll be picking it up today around noon, but have to wait until after work to play... :angry:
Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks