What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Comedian Alan King Dies At 76 (1 Viewer)

Reni D

Stunt Coordinator
Always Like Alan King, I was lucky to catch him in concert a few years back .. Will Miss him

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Was he "survived by his wife"? King did a hilarious bit on Johnny Carson many years ago reading actual obits from the newspaper. No matter how old the guy was or how much he had been through (wars, the Holocaust, etc.), the final line always read, "survived by his wife." :)

Rob

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I'm relatively young, but not too young to be unfamiliar with King's wide variety of work. He made me laugh... a lot.

I expect that he's now making a whole new group of people laugh... a lot.

RIP Alan. You will be missed.

Moe.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
And another famous star shoots out of the stratosphere...

I thought King was funny. I liked when he hosted the 1982 Young Comedians' Special (which still runs every so often on HBO Comedy), and I also enjoyed his performance in "Cat's Eye".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

On the upside, there haven't been as many major celeb deaths this year as there have been the last 3 years.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I always liked the man. My late mother, also, was a fan -- until Mr. King, shortly after the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy in 1968, announced his resulting disillusionment with the American political process on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. My reactionary mother tolerated opinions -- as long as they jibed with her own!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks