What's new

COMCAST ARRRRRGGGGGHHHH (1 Viewer)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
Whats up all,

I am Just fed up with comcast. last year I bought a new LG plasma with a built in ATSC tuner. there was no way that i wanted to pay for a cable box to get local channels. For the past year I have been able to watch ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW, AND A FEW MORE. Now on my set if i watch ABC its on channel 5-0 and the HIDEF is 5-1 the other channels are the same way,7-1, 4-1, 25-1 etc etc etc.

3 days ago I wanted to watch my local news on 5-1. when I did I got a "NO SIGNAL" on my TV. I tried reprogramming my TV to see if it could find it but no luck. I emailed COMCAST with my problem and get this. they said. " If you are receiving a signal over the air and not through comcast it is not our problem please contact your TV Manufacture. I went through the roof when I read this. I emailed back saying if I had an antenna why the hell would I be contacting COMCAST.

One guy even said that he would send a signal to my cable box to solve the problem and I was to make sure that the cable on the back of my TV was connected properly. Again I went through the roof. I told them flat out that I did not have a cable box and I am going right from the wall to my set.

Im watching the SOX game right now on NESN HD and it looks awesome so I guess its not my TV.

OK im Done

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
this is odd. now for reasons that I cant explain. I now have my HIDEF back. Im happy but I cant believe the emails I got from comcast

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Why would you attempt to get a service problem resolved by email? :confused:

Anyway, what you're seeing is Comcast providing PSIP data. PSIP isn't perfect, unfortunately. When it goes wrong, you'll have to work your way up the line to technicians who know about PSIP, whenever you have problems with that service, because an incredibly small number of customers use it, and it exists solely to be a LOW COST way of tuning in channels (i.e., a cheaper alternative to renting a digital STB or CableCARD). If you want better service, you'll need to pay more for the service that the first-line technicians know about, and know how to support best. Even then you can still experience service outages at times, but at least, since you'd be using the more standard (and more pricey) service, you'll get better support.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks