What's new

Columbia House DVD..?? (1 Viewer)

Dan Kaplan

Stunt Coordinator
FYI, last month's deal was buy 1 get the rest for 40% off, this month's is buy 1 get the rest for 10$ off.
Unless you're set on purchasing selections that are not available for enrollment and cost more than $19.95 (which seems silly, as any of those should be available for less elsewhere), then both of those deals still are not worthwhile. Either one will have you paying $12+ per disc (there are very few sub-$19.95 titles worth buying), which is at best 50% worse than opening a new account.

Dan

Grant Degs

Agent
I'm pretty certain that the extra disc has to be available for enrollment, but maybe Grant knows something we don't.
When I did this it was a phone order. I got to the 6th disk and mentioned that I wish I get get something different. The Customer Service rep asked we what I wanted. I told him the Almost Famous: Bootleg Cut and he said no problem, they could do that for me. As far as I know Almost Famous: Bootleg Cut is not an enrollment selection.

Maybe I slipped one in or maybe the 6th disk can be anything. I didn't ask explicitly.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
I am paid $50 CDN for each disc after I ordered my initial. $36.99 + $3.50 shipping each + 15%. Something like that.
If that's how you are doing it, then you're pretty well wasting your time. Check out canadabug.tripod.com. Find some highly priced movies you want. Get those as your Initials. Then get out by picking up a couple of $20 movies you'd like to own.

Take my current membership. I ordered Terminator 2:UE, Shrek, MI:2, Apocalypse Now Redux, and Citizen Kane 2Disc for $36.00 Canadian. I'll order The Burbs for a friend as a Christmas gift ($27 on their site and elsewhere), and maybe something like Falling Down for $20 ($15 elsewhere). Throw in your taxes, and $7 bucks shipping, will bring the total up to about $90 bucks for 7 movies. About $12 bucks per for some good, hard to find movies. Seems like a good deal to me. I'm doing this using a savings code listed on canadabug's site.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As a lot of people have pointed out, you need to plan your purchases. Incidentally, the "7CY" code is for re-inrollments. You have to enter a previous account number before completing the order.
I just signed up for the fourth time in a couple years. I didn't have a previous account available to use, so I used the "7MJ" code which gave me six titles for $34 total and two more to buy. For my original six I got October Sky, Rear Window, Mulholland Dr., City of Lost Children, Almost Famous Bootleg and Independence Day: Five Star. Every one of those would have cost me $23-$27 minimum. So that's about $150 worth of titles for $34. I'll buy two $19.95 titles for about $45 total, and I have about $190 worth of movies for a little under $80. Then you quit! Once you factor in shipping, none of their special deals is really worth it. You can wait a little while, and sign up again with the 7CY code and your old account number.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
DVDTALK.com (under the club section) is the definitive place to find everything you will need to know about Columbia House.

Luis M

Second Unit
Anybody knows why Columbia House dvd club does not carry the Disney's classics? They used to in the old days of VHS and Beta clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks