What's new

Press Release Columbia Classics 4k Collection (photos) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Target has shipped my set so I should have it by Wednesday.
Yeah, even though my set got into my local UPS earlier today, it along with some discs I bought Sunday from Target won't be delivered until Wednesday even though all of them arrived at my local UPS location about 2:20 a.m. Anyhow, two of my missing USPS media mail shipments from DD will finally arrived today after being shipped 12 days ago.:)

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Did anyone else see that this set is currently part of Amazon's "buy 2, get 3" promotion? I ordered three sets for $240 shipped including tax and that brings the cost down to $80 per set.

Last edited:

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Mine just arrived. (Am I the first ?) Looks like the Canadian set doesn't come with any digital codes.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone else see that this set is currently part of Amazon's "buy 2, get 3" promotion? I ordered three sets for $240 shipped including tax and that brings the cost down to $80 per set.

Yep - about 30 minutes after Target came back into stock. It wasn't part of the deal last night when Target Preorders were sold out of course. Sun comes up in the East, ........

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The iTunes digital set is $50 there in case anyone cares about that.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Have my box set and went straight to the Lawrence of Arabia discs to see if i have all the extras and i am missing the ones listed below so now i have to contact Sony Customer Support to get the correct disc. Saw a few scenes of Lawrence and it looks great!

• Deleted Balcony Scene with Introduction by Anne V. Coates (SD – 7:06)
  • The Lure of the Desert: Martin Scorsese on Lawrence of Arabia (HD – 7:51)
  • Lawrence at 50: A Classic Restored (HD – 13:30)
  • King Hussein Visits Lawrence of Arabia Set (HD – 2:01)
  • Wind, Sand and Star: The Making of a Classic (1963) (HD – 5:04)
  • In Love with the Desert (SD – 83:54)
  • William Friedkin on Lawrence of Arabia (SD – 5:43)
  • Sydney Pollack on Lawrence of Arabia (SD – 2:38)
  • Steven Spielberg on Lawrence of Arabia (SD – 1:26)
  • Theatrical Trailer (HD – 4:44)
  • Theatrical Teaser Trailer #1 (HD – 1:53)
  • Theatrical Teaser Trailer #2 (HD – 1:18)
  • 70mm Restoration Trailer (1989 Release) (HD – 1:55)
  • TV Spot #1 (HD – 1:02)
  • TV Spot #2 (HD – :12)
IMG_0638.jpg

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Have my box set and went straight to the Lawrence of Arabia discs to see if i have all the extras and i am missing the ones listed below so now i have to contact Sony Customer Support to get the correct disc. Saw a few scenes of Lawrence and it looks great!

• Deleted Balcony Scene with Introduction by Anne V. Coates (SD – 7:06)
  • The Lure of the Desert: Martin Scorsese on Lawrence of Arabia (HD – 7:51)
  • Lawrence at 50: A Classic Restored (HD – 13:30)
  • King Hussein Visits Lawrence of Arabia Set (HD – 2:01)
  • Wind, Sand and Star: The Making of a Classic (1963) (HD – 5:04)
  • In Love with the Desert (SD – 83:54)
  • William Friedkin on Lawrence of Arabia (SD – 5:43)
  • Sydney Pollack on Lawrence of Arabia (SD – 2:38)
  • Steven Spielberg on Lawrence of Arabia (SD – 1:26)
  • Theatrical Trailer (HD – 4:44)
  • Theatrical Teaser Trailer #1 (HD – 1:53)
  • Theatrical Teaser Trailer #2 (HD – 1:18)
  • 70mm Restoration Trailer (1989 Release) (HD – 1:55)
  • TV Spot #1 (HD – 1:02)
  • TV Spot #2 (HD – :12)

Can you give a H/W/D of the box? Sort of been guessing 11x8x4 based on pics and numbers of cases, but would love to have more exact idea

I know UPS shipments say around 3 lbs so guessing it;s around that -- 6 multidisc sets and a book certainly seems about right

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Appreciate it. It actually will fit on one of my BD height Shelves if inserted like a book instead of displayed face first

As I understand it from Robert Harris's reviews, the individual films have their own independent packaging, allowing them to be put on shelves as is. I'll be doing that, and using the overall box as decor (like I've done with the LOA LE box, and other anniversary box sets (Casablanca, Wizard of Oz, et alia)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I have considered that as well -- several of those UCE sets (Ben Hur, Oz, GWTW, Singin in the Rain) I've just taken the Disc/Cases out and put them next to the actual boxsets or the movies on the normal shelves and then displayed the Outer Box

I have to see once they're in hand

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I would have been more happier with the box set if all the extras were on Lawrence of Arabia but i hope Sony will send me the replacement disc soon and i just finished sending them a email.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I would have been more happier with the box set if all the extras were on Lawrence of Arabia but i hope Sony will send me the replacement disc soon and i just finished sending them a email.
Can you again copy the email address? Thank you.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
[Editor’s Note: Here is Sony’s official statement on this issue, with instructions on how to obtain the corrected disc... “Due to a manufacturing error, the Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection currently includes an incorrect LAWRENCE OF ARABIA special features disc, which does not include the full amount of intended content. This does not affect the 4K UHD presentation of the film itself. The correct special features disc will be available to consumers who purchase the set, whether as a pre-order or as part of a future order, pending the eventual availability of sets that already have the correct disc included. Consumers should receive communication from their retailer about this corrected disc soon, but may contact the Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Customer Care team with any questions at [email protected] or 1-800-860-2878.” One last note: It’s likely to be a few weeks before corrected sets are available at retail, but Sony says the fixed special features disc should be available very soon.]

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
[Editor’s Note: Here is Sony’s official statement on this issue, with instructions on how to obtain the corrected disc... “Due to a manufacturing error, the Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection currently includes an incorrect LAWRENCE OF ARABIA special features disc, which does not include the full amount of intended content. This does not affect the 4K UHD presentation of the film itself. The correct special features disc will be available to consumers who purchase the set, whether as a pre-order or as part of a future order, pending the eventual availability of sets that already have the correct disc included. Consumers should receive communication from their retailer about this corrected disc soon, but may contact the Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Customer Care team with any questions at [email protected] or 1-800-860-2878.” One last note: It’s likely to be a few weeks before corrected sets are available at retail, but Sony says the fixed special features disc should be available very soon.]
I do wonder how Sony is going to respond to these disc requests.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

The announcement from Sony -- which Robert Harris mentioned before the Sony announced -- was recent enough that it was pretty clear that the entire limited production run (8000 copies in the US) was pretty much sealed up and ready to go out the door before the error was caught. So I don't think there was any question that no one, at this point, was going to be getting a set with the corrected disc.

It was also recent enough that I doubt the corrected disc will be available for at least another month, but probably more like David's thought that it might be circa September.

I literally just received my shipment from Best Buy as I was writing this post. Interestingly, there was a sticker attached to the shrink-wrap with the phone/email at Sony, to request a replacement disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks