What's new

Coconuts(B&M) buy prices for used DVDs? (1 Viewer)

Michael G.G.

Agent
Does anybody know what the buy prices are for used DVDs at Coconuts Music & Movies stores?
They are only a tri-state area store but most of them now buy used CDs and DVDs. And since they are part of the Trans World chain, their retail prices are high for new DVDs.
Does this translate into higher buy prices on used DVDs? Do they go by a percentage of retail price for what they sell an item for in their store?
Most of the DVDs they sell used are $9.99 and up and sometimes you can buy a new copy at a different retailer for their used price. But they do pay cash, and if they pay decent amounts then it would be easier to sell unwanted DVDs to them instead of trying to get $5-$10 on ebay.
Thanks for looking,
Michael

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
what tr-state area are you referring to. many parts of the country have a "tri-state" area.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
They're in PA as well. Never sold anything to them, but if they're paying like EB does it's $3-5 a disc

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
They're in upstate New York, too. Upstate is not officially part of the tri-state metro area, so just thought I'd mention it. But I still don't have the answer Michael G. G. wants. I've never sold anything to them. I have seen used CDs in the different TransWorld stores locally--including FYE, but not used DVDs.
I buy used DVDs at Electronics Boutique, Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, some small mom & pop stores and, my favorite place -- the Software for Sale/Trade page here at the HTF!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Coconuts is also in Vermont and New Hampshire. Never sold them any, but have bought a few used DVD's on occasion.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the coconuts near me in the philly tri-state area doesnt buy used dvd or cd's.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
There's one in Cincinnati as well, which is part of the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana tri-state area. ;)
I haven't tried selling anything to them, either, but the store here does have a used DVD section.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks