What's new

Coaxial spdif connection out of XBox (1 Viewer)

Bob Hill

Stunt Coordinator
I have an Xbox with the component breakout and optical spdif connection but the way my system is configured I can only use a coaxial connection for the DD. Does anyone make a breakout device for the Xbox that has coaxial instead of or including a optical spdif connection?

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
You might just need one of this....Make sure u get he toslink to coax adapter and not the other way around.
The link seems to be wacked..Just go to partsexpress.com and look for a DAYTON AUDIO OPTICAL TO COAXIAL CONVERTER ,Part Number 180-961.

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
That is awesome. I've been debating buying an optical to coaxial converter, but the cheapest I could find was around $75. Thank you, Eric!

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
I've seen a mod on the net where a guy modded a Microsoft HD Pack to output the audio through a digital coaxial connector. It looked pretty easy if you were handy with a soldering iron.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
monster has a hookup listed on their site for a coax out from their cables instead of toslink...errr...its no longer there. THey did at one point though....

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Or you could just walk into your local Radio Shack and pick one up from behind the counter. Make sure you get the correct one as they carry both (Tos-->Coax, Coax-->Tos)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks