What's new

Cleaning my Toshiba 50" RP Screen (1 Viewer)

Joseph Frietze

Auditioning
Ugh...
OK, so my 3-year old Toshiba rear-projection needs cleaning. I don't have any type of screen protector, so the surface is exposed. I've had dirt and the occasional smudge that didn't really make much of a difference, but recently my wife was dusting nearby and I think some of the Pledge got on the screen. There are like 3 greenish spots on the screen now (really made Angelina Jolie's nose look weird when Jules Asner interviewed her.
I read another post that said to use mild soap and water and a soft cloth, but only clean vertically. Why only vertically?
Also, I found this http://www.newremotecontrol.com/ScreenKleen.htm and wondered is anyone had used it?
Thanks,
Joe

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
Why only vertically?
Because the front of the screen has verticle ridges. Going up and down will ensure that any dirt or dust will be cleaned out. If you went from side to side, the dirt will probably just get trapped in the next ridge. If the debris is big (or hard)enough, it can scratch the screen more easily that way. A mild soap water (dish liquid will work) with a soft rag should do the trick. Once in my own experience, liquid had gotten trapped between the screen and the lens behind it (someone was watering the plants). I just took the screen out to clean it. This also gave me the chance to clean the guns and mirror. Again be careful what you clean with. Windex can scratch (espec. if using paper towels)

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks