What's new

Cheap Outdoor Speakers (1 Viewer)

Greg Kennedy

Agent
Hi, all. I'm looking for some really really cheap (did I mention inexpensive?) outdoor speakers. Right now I have a DENON AVR-3802, Paradigm fronts, main, and surrounds, and an SVS-PB2+ sub.

I was looking at these:

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.js...toid=-8023&m=0

I am more worried about blowing speakers that are only almost half of the 110 Watts my receiver can put out.

Should I be overly concerned? Is the worst case scenario that I blow a $40 pair of speakers? Any other economical recommendations?

Thanks!

Greg

StephenHa

Second Unit
I've never heard those, but I did install a set of audio source speakers for a customer and was impressed with them they retailed at a whopping $50 the model is ls-200 (white 100 is black)

Nhan_H

Second Unit
That's what I have (the HTD Level II outdoors). Very good speakers for the price. Definitely get those over the CC stuff.

Jason Co

Second Unit
Greg are you planning on running those through your Multi zone on your Denon 3802?

Jason

Greg Kennedy

Agent
Yes, I was. I have little or no experience, but from what I remember I think it's an either / or proposition. Either you can listen to outside or inside, but not both. Any extra insight is appreciated.

By the way, I ordered the HTD speakers and they should start shipping in August. Thanks for the recommendation, guys.

gk

Jason Co

Second Unit
Actually Greg you can listen to both inside and outside at the same time. You have to select which component you want to play in your second zone and you can listen to that outside while someoen else is listneing/watching something different inside. I made an attempt at setting up some zone 2 speakers on my deck and couldn't get it to work. After I took it all down I read somewhere that the default volume setting for the multi zone out (not the multi zone pre-out) is -70. Of course I learned this after I took everything down. I am curious if you are planning on using the 3802 onboard amps or another amp via the mutli-zone pre outs. If you have some time let me know how it works out for you.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks