What's new

Cheap Lite-on Dvd Recorder (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
www.compusa.com has a Lite-On dvd recorder model number LVW5001CUSA listed on their website for $279.99 but they don't have any in stock? Anybody know anything about this dvd recorder? Thanks

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
It's a brand new product just introduced at a trade show last month. No one in the US seems to have them in stock.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Thanks Thomas, anyone know how the picture quality is? & I'm surprised they din't get them into the USA for the Holiday Season.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Thanks Jay, And are these stand alone DVD Recorders like a VCR or are they just for computers?

ChipFiev

Grip
Can you connect this to a computer as well? I've been looking for a DVD burner for my Mac to use with iMovie, but if I can get one that I can also connect to my HDTV as a DVI DVD player, I'll be very, very happy.

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
No, the Liteon DVD recorder only outputs in 480i or 480p formats. Also even the newest Liteon player (2002 which has now replaced the 2001) has eliminated HD component video output support! The 2001 was the only model to do it and its been discontinued.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks