What's new

ceramic tweezers? (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
In late Nov, I have to travel. To a family wedding in another state. I hate airports. I hate airports now because I have a "bathroom kit" that includes tiny scissors and tweezers -- you need this stuff -- that I can not bring because they are impliments of destruction. (I do not check bags.)
Where can I find CERAMIC, or non-metal (and thus, they won't show up on X rays), tweezers and scissors?
This is weeks away and already stressing me out.
MC

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I've seen plastic tweezers... meant for working with electronics. Check some electronic shops and maybe you'll find something.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Last time I traveled they didn't care about the metal tweezers in my carry-on.

Why don't you give the airline/airport a call and ask? Regulations have loosened in a lot of places.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
Or mail them to where your going. Or even ask your family there if they have these items? You get stressed at the thought of not having tweezers for a couple of days....:D

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You can't survive a few days without tweezers?

Unless you're going to the middle of nowhere, just swing by a Wal-Mart or Walgreens on the way from the airport to your destination and buy a pair.

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Micah,

If the TSA confiscates your tweezers, then you should raise holy hell.

Tweezers are absolutely not on the list of prohibited items.

The scissors on the other hand probably won't make it. Do you know how many people you could kill with those things? Plus the fact that you could batter down the locked and barred cockpit door with them - I'm surprised the government even lets you own those in your house they're so darn dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks