What's new

Celing mount projector - Wiring (1 Viewer)

Tom _S

Auditioning
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum and am just at the initial stages of home theatre setup. I am putting in a ceiling mount projector and had a quick question regarding power to the unit. As I don't have a ceiling in just yet, would you recommend putting in a power outlet in the ceiling that will be adjacent the projector? It seems like a no-brainer to me, but I, admittedly, have no idea.

Thanks,

Tom in Canukistan

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
That's what most guys do, if you're sure where the projector will go. You need to pick or buy your projector first, due to the different throw distances. My projector is mounted about 1 foot from my rear wall, so I just ran my cables right out the rear wall into my A/V closet.

John Whittle

Stunt Coordinator
If you're putting in an outlet and in the US where homes are fed 220 which is normally split into two 110 feeds, make sure your projector and equipment are on the same "side of the house". This will avoid alot of rolling bar/hum/ground loop problems. Ideally you'll loop the romax from the equipment feed to the box for the projector.

Good wiring and ground practices are extremely important.

John

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Definitely put a power outlet there. Also you'll want to run conduit to a plate up there as well for the other wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks